The Building Process
Jaw Construction is not a “cookie cutter “builder of residential homes ,we were formed on the bases of listening to and working with our Clients in a very personalised setting to develop individualised plans on time and on budget
Our Personalised Process
- First sit down meeting will be with both Owners of JAW Construction Jason & Jess Webb. All that is required at this meeting is a wish list and a site plan of your section.
- Once we have had the initial meeting, Jason will revise your wants and needs and create a detailed brief which gets emailed to our Architectural Draughtsman, Our Designer needs approximately 3 Days to complete what we call a discussion Plan.
- Once the Discussion Plan is complete we will review the plans prior to sending them to you, if you would prefer we are more than happy to meet with you to go over the plans.
- At this point you can make changes in RED pen which then gets sent back to the Designer who will have the changes completed in 24 – 48 Hours.
- Once you have reviewed these and prior to making any more changes we will get you to sign a short form agreement, this will outline a couple of things, one being that if you take the drawings and don’t build with JAW Construction then you will be liable for the design costs to that current stage approx ( $800.00 – $1200.00). The other part of the agreement is to do with copyright of the plans, just stating that you can’t take the plans and have them drawn exactly the same.
- You are then more than welcome to make as many changes as you like until you are 100% happy with the design.
- From there our Designer completes the pricing set of plans and issues them to us.
- We then send to all our suppliers for quotes.
- During the time of waiting for our supplier’s, Jess and I will take you to pick everything for your Home, Kitchen, Bathrooms, Flooring, Claddings, Colours, we will spend as much time with you as you need and help in any way we can. We also have an interior designer we work along side that we can put you in touch with, But is not required with every client or happy to have you do this by yourselves if this is preferred.
- Once we have all the pricing back ( approx. 4 Weeks ) we will be in touch to organise a meeting. At this meeting we will present you a fixed price contract. This contract is through the Master Builders association. We also encourage you have your solicitor look over it for you.
- If you are happy to proceed, we will have paperwork for you to sign and give you all the information regarding our Master Builders Guarantee.
- Next exciting step is submitting to council, from the time of the contract being presented we will need to complete Soil Tests and a Truss Design. Once we have Soil Test & Truss Design it is 10 Working Days before we are ready to go to council. The council take 21 working days to complete the consent process, however they do have time at the start to complete the vetting process which can take up to 2 weeks.
- At this stage there is No Payment required, once consent has been issued then this is when the agreed Deposit will need to be paid.
- From the day consent is issued we will be in touch as much or as little as need be. Every Client is different and we cater for all needs.
The Building Process
- From the day consent is issued we will be in touch as much or as little as need be.
- We will invite you for a site meeting on the day we break ground, this is not only to involve you in the process but to go over the site safety requirements. The reason we do the safety side of things is because we encourage you to complete as many site visits as you like, but you need to know the dangers of a construction site.
- Jason is on the tools on a day to day basis and will be the site Foreman, Project Supervisor, and everything in between. Jess is always heavily involved also with social media (we like to keep our Facebook page ticking over) Jess also does a lot in the background to support Jason with replying to emails, organising & general daily running of the business.
- Digout & site scrape (building envelope only unless agreed prior)
- Waste Pipes
- Boxing & Steel
- Pour the floor
- Frames & Trusses
- Wrap, Soffit & window installation
- Pre wire & pre Plumb
- Interior Linings
- Finishing Lines inc Doors
- Kitchens & Bathrooms
- Electrical & Plumbing fit off
- Commercial Clean
- Code of Compliance Inspection